Sunday 2 December 2012

Confessions

I have a confession, I am not a good blogger, in fact Im a terrible blogger. I think of things to write about, then I think to myself, no one would want to about read that, its boring. I have some friends who are awesome bloggers, some blog nearly every day, they say to me "just blog about anything, it doesn't matter" So that's what I intend to do!

Sorry to those people who signed up for updates on my business "Milly and Mummy" I am not really concentrating on that at the moment, I am back working full time, and plus a mum to a gorgeous 2 year old, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend.... I just don't have time to run a business as well!

So... what is this blog going to be about? well I thought that it might be a good place to share my crafty projects, tutorials, and just a general blog about my life! So I thought I would treat you to tutorial on how to make these lovely prints.


I made this one for a Secret Santa gift, but it has found a home on my bookcase! Lucky they are so easy to make, I can just make another!

What you need:
  • An old Dictionary or Encyclopedia - the older the better, I found mine in a op shop, it cost me $1
  • A printer
  • Image, you can join sites that have free vector images, or just google it :-) I found this one by googling "Dandelion Sillouette"
  • Nice frame, this one came from the reject shop and cost me $4. Its a good idea to take you dictionary/encyclopedia along with you when you buy the fame, just to make sure your frame isn't too big.
Method

Tear (Yes TEAR) a page out of your Encyclopedia, I am sorry to all the book lovers out there, I promise this was an old unloved Encyclopedia with outdated information!




Trim the edges of the page up so it goes through the printer nicely


Now place it into your printer


you may need to play round with the orientation, I ended up putting the paper in "landscape" way, but forgot to take a picture :-)

Next you need to pic a picture, I then just used the default printing program (sorry but I am not a computer savvy person haha)



And you have your picture!



I then used the guide that comes with the frame to cut the print to size




And then framed it up!





And there you have it a cute little Secret Santa gift that only cost $5!

I also made some nativity scene frames, to hang on my wall

just got to frame these up!

If you make any of these, let me know, I would love to see your versions!


Bec xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Bec, Im going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Bec!! Great to have you back and with a bang no less :)

    ReplyDelete